The first published work by Franciska Bettelheim, a pioneering female architect in Hungary. It was designed and built in 1936 for the Lowy David es fia factory, then owned by the Bettelheim family. The apartment building contains 12 one-room living unit, with shared toilets. All apartments are approachable from a corridor in the back, and have a huge terrace and wide windows to the south.
The modernist building was published in the Hungarian Ter es forma (1936/4), and in the Italian Architecttura magazine (1936/5). Athough somewhat rebuilt, it still stands in Ujpest (Budapest, District 4) at the Baross utca 63.