The Ukrainian House is a five-story multi-functional exhibition complex at № 2 Khreshchatyk Street, European Square in Kiev. It was build to commemorate the 60th Anniversary of the USSR and was finally opened for the annual celebration of the October Revolution along with the People's Friendship Arch.
The building of Ukrainian House is closely associated with the State enterprise National center of business and cultural cooperation "Ukrainian House" and arranges local exhibitions, conferences, conventions, symposiums etc.
Built in 1978-82, this monumental building was originally erected as a Kiev affiliate of the All-Union Lenin Museum, displaying materials documenting Lenin's life. The building was built after the masterplan of the architect group "Chief Kyiv Project", led by Vadym Hopkalo and assisted by Vadym Hrechyna, Volodymyr Kolomiyets, and L.Filenko. In 1985 the authors of the project received the Shevchenko State Prize of the Ukrainian SSR.Until 1982 the Kiev city exhibition of the All-Union Lenin Museum was located in the Teacher House since 1938 at vulytsia Volodymyrska. Following the dissolution of the Soviet Union on April 1993, the building was renamed and converted to a conference and exhibition hall. The museum exhibition was dismounted and placed into storage funds.