One of the last buildings for the primary school designed and started to be built in Kaunas during the period of independence is located on J. Gruodis street. The building was designed in 1939 by engineer Feliksas Bielinskis, who at that time designed school buildings not only in Kaunas but also in other Lithuanian cities. The former primary school building on J. Gruodis Street has three floors, an elongated, irregular plan. Inside there were 12 classrooms, a reading room, and a pedagogic museum. To be functional and comfortable, the building was equipped with such modern amenities as heating, water supply, sewage system, electricity, and ventilation installations.
Like other school buildings built in Kaunas in the late 1930s, this one is not characterized by stylistic innovations and its architecture balances between modernity and conservatism. The first floor stands out from the general appearance of the building, with arched openings on the sides, small columns marking the recessed entrances, and horizontal bars between the windows. Also, this part is darker in color than the rest of the building. The exterior of the second and third floors is simpler and more rational - the rhythm of small minimalist vertical windows prevails.
The building was completed around 1940, its construction cost about 560 thousand litas. Juozas Gruodis Conservatory now operates in this building.