Prof. Petras Leonas, a well-known lawyer and public figure, purchased a plot of land on this site in 1906. In 1924, the architect Edmundas Frykas designed a three-storey, historicist house for him, but in the same year, the work was taken over by the technical supervisor, Eng. Leonas Ritas, who took over the supervision of the building and, using the plan drawn up, raised the house, creating a new composition for the upper part.
The interior of the house was adapted to the activities of the owners, with separate offices for private practice near the main staircase, as the house was occupied by lawyers, doctors and civil servants. There were two flats on each floor - four and five rooms. Petras Leonas lived in the house from 1925 to 1938, and from 1929 Prof. Steponas Kairys, a signatory of the Lithuanian Independence Act, a member of the Seimas, and the head of the Kaunas City Municipality's water supply and sewerage department, also lived there.