In 1936, Boris Goldbergas, a Litvak from Kaunas, bought a plot of land on V.Putvinskio street, which was the eastern half of a bigger plot. By the design of architect M. Grodzenskis and with the supervision of the technician and structural engineer V. Brunas, the house was built in 1937 on plot number 52. B.Goldbergas started to live in the building and rented out the rest of the apartments.
The three-story house has two three-room apartments on each floor, which are located around the central staircase. The plan can be regarded as rational and straightforward. The façade of the building can be characterised as very simple, which is close to international modernism. The composition is based on all-white façades, clean lines, wide windows and minimalist "French style balconies". The balconies have asymmetrical metal balustrades, which are combined with a brick wall that has horizontal brick and plaster strips. The metal balustrade has geometrical motifs.
The entrance of the building is in the middle of the façade, and there are two pillars which are emphasising the doorway. The façade is symmetrical on the upper floors. However, on the ground floor, at the easter side of the front façade, there is a passageway to the back yard of the building. The passageway has an iron double door which has two small openings with bars on it. This passage has entrances to the ground floor and one of the apartments on the first floor. The eastern façade of the building has five small windows.
All the elements are distributed evenly and proportionally. The apparent symmetry and the dark granite stucco accentuated plinth not only give the building a solidity but also remind us of the restrained elements of "historicism" that were preserved in Lithuanian interwar modernism. Nevertheless, in the interwar years, the building was considered as modern and exemplary architecture in the city. Its photographs were published in numerous periodical presses, and in 1937 the building was awarded.
Currently, there is a dermatology clinic on the ground floor and residential houses on the upper floors. Since 2015, the structure has had the European Heritage Label.