The building was in use as a primary school from 1940 until 1951. From then to today there is a content of gymnasium "Svetozar Markovic". The concept of the building can be reflected as a distant reflection of Italian rationalism. Kenneth Frampton compares it to Terragni's Casa del Fascio within the use of the modular openings on the facade. The building is located in the central park next to the temple of the Peter and Pavel. The facade towards the park is symmetrical, with six horizontal lines of windows.
Gymnasium in Jagodina
1 of 8Public domain
All our texts and many of our images appear under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License (CC BY-SA). All our content is written and edited by our community.