Hansaplatz is a Berlin U-Bahn station located on the U9 in the Hansaviertel district. It opened on 28 August 1961 with the first section of the new line running south-north from Spichernstrasse to Leopoldplatz. The station itself had been erected as early as 1957 in the course of the Interbau housing development. Right beside the U-Bahn train station is Hansaplatz square. Now a non-discernible traffic junction, this was an active plaza before the war. Led by Kolleg X students from the Bauhaus in Dessau, there is an active movement to reclaim this Plaza as a community space and share it with the cars and bicycles that currently dominate.
Subway Station Hansaplatz
All our texts and many of our images appear under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License (CC BY-SA). All our content is written and edited by our community.
thedani, April 20th, 2017