The headquarters of the Spanish Cultural Heritage Institute are located in Madrid, Spain. In 1965 Fernando Higueras and artist Antonio Miro were commissioned for the project of the restoration. The building of reinforced concrete is inscribed in a circle of 40 meters of radius divided in 30 main sections that in the outer cradle are split in two. It is distributed in four circular plants, connected vertically by two parts of stairs and elevators. It is undoubtedly one of the most significant works of contemporary Spanish architecture. It was declared a Property of Cultural Interest, by Royal Decree 1261/2001, of November 16.
1 of 14
All our texts and many of our images appear under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License (CC BY-SA). All our content is written and edited by our community.