Keywords Change this
1895 – 1907
Location Change thisPrešernova cesta 25
Architect Change this
Article last edited by Bostjan on
March 14th, 2014
Mladika - Ministry of Foreign Affairs Change this
Description Change this
The building was built during the Ljubljana earthquake of 1895 in 1907 , when Ljubljana renovated under the leadership of then mayor Ivan Hribar. The building is the only Fabiani work in Ljubljana, " which introduced a new type of school in the greenery and emphasizes the important axes of the city " and is also the first use of a visible metal lintel windows. Art Nouveau consecration of the portal did Ivan Rabbit , with is decorated with coats of arms of Carniola , Ljubljana and Gorup. Specialty are the visible steel lintels above the windows. With a watch tower in the corner of the building, architect wanted to create an axis, which connects the city with a park Tivoli. The complex consists of two buildings : on Prešernova there were originally classrooms, at Šubičeva there was a gymnasium and classrooms above it.
After Slovenia gained independence in the years 1996-2000 the building was renovated by Juri Kobe to meet the needs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.