In 1952, Carlo Scarpa designed the Sculpture Garden for the Venice Biennale within a patio of the Italian Pavilion, originally designed in 1932 by Duilio Torres. The little garden plays with light, shadow and water. Three heavy elliptical columns support a canopy roof which is shaped as if three circles would have been subtracted from a rectangle. The garden has not been in use for many years and only recently it has been completely restored.
Sculpture Garden for the Venice Biennale
1 of 4
All our texts and many of our images appear under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License (CC BY-SA). All our content is written and edited by our community.
mariathuroczy, August 16th, 2013