Built in 1955 by the architects Louis Simon and André Morisseau and the engineer René Sarger. It is a round shell in reinforced concrete eight centimetres thick. It rests on thirteen peripheral support points without any internal pillar. It is 52.40 metres in diameter, and its height in the center is 10.50 metres. It served as model for the conception of the market of Nanterre and as the CNIT of the Defence near Paris.
Both the exterior and the interior are good examples of what was possible at the time, when it was completed, in 1956.