Governmental and strategic buildings had been erected not only on the territory of Maly Galagov. A land spot that was practically on its boundary was selected for construction of new large building of post service administration which was in urgent need that aroused from the higher status and increase of the city. The decision of government about the start of this construction is dated to November 17, 1919. At that time, Uzhhorod had 78 subordinate post affiliates that were still working under martial law regime. Since January 3, 1921 the post administration changed its name to Post Inspection that was subordinate to post and telegraph administration in Kosice. These administrations employed experienced professional from historic Czechoslovakian lands and new recently trained local workers.
The project of contemporary building that would represent progressive nature of a new state was entrusted to the prominent Czech professor of architecture Josef Gočar. As one of the founders of new architectural styles that were specific for Czechoslovak Republic, Josef Gočar made a continuous progress as an author. At the end of 1920s, the leading architect was already more disposed to minimalistic projects based on pure Functionalism principles. That is just the approach he used to develop to project of post administration in Uzhhorod. Construction was started in 1928 by the Lanna Contracting Company that was famous for its family dynasty of developers from Prague. Workers from Česká Třebová and south-western part of Czech territory were working at the construction for the first years. Later, local workers were also engaged. The technical aspect had changed, so while extending the local phone network aerial cabling was implemented according to the latest technologies of that time. Already in 1932 Uzhhorod received a complete modern three-storey building of Functionalism style. Rounded modernist façade with banded windows, flat roof, no decorative elements on the windows, doors or façade; the only exception was low-relief panels in late Art Deco style. The reliefs with man and woman allegoric figures are located under the roof of each façade and arranged into rectangular compositions together with technical progress symbols.