The anti - tuberculosis dispensary located in the district of Finsbury, London, is a work of Berthold Lubetkin built between 1935 and 1938. By 1935, infant mortality in England reached very high levels, reaching 114 per thousand in rural areas. A number of diseases such as diphtheria, whooping cough, bronchitis and, especially tuberculosis, especially preyed on working - class neighborhoods, showing the social gaps of British capitalism. The development plan for the district of Finsbury proposed by A. Riley, sought solutions to this situation, including social facilities, housing and open spaces. The group Tecton, leading by Lubetkin, saw in this an opportunity for action desired and first great modern urban renewal of Britain. Dispensary was designed by Lubetkin and his group, next to a large garden area along Farringdon Road.
1 of 10
All our texts and many of our images appear under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License (CC BY-SA). All our content is written and edited by our community.
bostjan, October 11th, 2016