Viktor Andreyev graduated from the department of architecture of the Kharkov Institute of Fine Arts in 1930. From 1943 to 1957 he taught at the Moscow Institute of Architecture. His works include the administration building on Gorky Street in Moscow (1949; USSR State Prize, 1949), the USSR exhibition pavilions in Vienna (1952), the USSR exhibition pavilions in Peking (1953-54), the embassy of the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic (1952-54), the People's Republic of China (1956-1959) in Moscow.Since 1962 he has directed the planning and construction of the large housing developments in Moscow known as the Medvedkovo and the Sviblovo. Viktor Andreyev has been decorated with two Orders of the Red Banner of Labor and with medals.
All our texts and many of our images appear under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License (CC BY-SA). All our content is written and edited by our community.
ziggurat, September 18th, 2011