V. B. Gladkov (1897, Moscow – 1992, Moscow) was a Soviet architect and educator, notable for his late 1920s constructivist architecture and work in industrial architecture. Gladkov studied at the Moscow State Technical University (MVTU) from 1920 to 1923.
In 1923 Gladkov was part of the team for the construction plans of the first All-Union Agricultural Exhibition in Moscow. From 1924-28, he worked on the modernist campus of Moscow Power Engineering Institute ((TSAGI) together with Ivan Sergeevich Nikolaev and Alexey Kuznetsov, 1927-28 on the the "Krasnaia Talka" Factory, Ivanovo, (together with Ivan Sergeevich Nikolaev and Alexey Kuznetsov) and 1930 on the Residential buildings of Lefortovo in Studencheskaja street in Moscow.
All our texts and many of our images appear under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License (CC BY-SA). All our content is written and edited by our community.