Giulio Minoletti was an Italian architect, urban planner and designer. He graduated in 1931 from the Politecnico di Milano. In 1947 he took part of the Building Committee and Commissions of the Masterplan of the city of Milan at the National Institute of Urban Planning Since 1948 was a member of the Steering Committee of the Centre for Study of Housing set up within the National Research Council. He is awarded with a gold medal at Triennial of Milan and with the Grand Prix at XI Architecture Triennale 1956, representing Italy within the International Commission for the United Nations accommodation in Geneva. Among the main Milanese works are INA House with Maurizio Mazzocchi and Gio Ponti, the home of the Cedar (Via Fatebenefratelli, 1951), the Fire Palace of Loreto (1959) with Giuseppe Chiodi. The canteen for employees at Pirelli Bicocca of 1956, designed with Nails and Valtolina, marks the transition to modernity of industrial catering. In 1953 he won the competition for the transformation of Milan's central station and in 1956 for the realization of Garibaldi station.
His later works are focused in private construction like the tourist complex Portorosa of Furnari in Messina, featuring villas, surrounded by greenery, overlooking the waterways of the largest marina in Sicily.
All our texts and many of our images appear under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License (CC BY-SA). All our content is written and edited by our community.