The Isidore H. Heller House is a private residence designed by American architect Frank Lloyd Wright in 1896. The design is credited as one of the turning points in Wright's shift to geometric Prairie School architecture, which is defined by horizontal lines, flat or hipped roofs with broad overhanging eaves, windows grouped in horizontal bands, and an integration with the landscape, which is meant to evoke native Prairie surroundings. The work demonstrates Wright's shift away from emulating the style of his mentor, Louis Sullivan. Richard Bock, a Wright collaborator and sculptor, provided some of the ornamentation, including a plaster frieze. The Heller House was designated a National Historic Landmark in 2004.
The 7.9 x 29.9 meters rectangular house stands 12 meters high and was built with Indiana Limestone and yellow Roman brick, which emphasizes the geometric and horizontal nature of the home's exterior. The house was constructed on a narrow lot, so the main entryway is located on the side of the building, similar to Wright's Warren McArthur House of 1892. The south side entrance was adorned with Classical detailing and the cantilevered entry lintel, which sits on two ornately detailed stone columns, was decorated with quatrefoils which were set on a stone panel. The front room is not split by a corridor or side hall, making it more spacious. The Heller House was Lloyd Wright's first work in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago, an area that was influenced by the Gothic Revival work of Henry Ives Cobb. The house blends together key elements of Wright's Prairie style and is located within a half mile of other early works.