Gigetta Tamaro received her degree on 1958 with Giuseppe Samona and became Giancarlo De Carlo's assistant in IUAV, Venice. She was visiting professor at Wiener Architekturseminar, Universitat Politecnica of Catalunya, and professor at UniTs in Trieste. She also founded DO.CO.MO.MO. (Documentation and Conservation of buildings, sites, and neighborhoods of the Modern Movement) in Italy. Some of her works are the Trieste urban center requalification (1973), the expansion of SS. Giovanni e Paolo Hospital in Venice (1978), Maggiore Hospital of Trieste (1980), Silos urban terminal in Trieste (1987-95), and the requalification of Rogers Station in Trieste.
All our texts and many of our images appear under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License (CC BY-SA). All our content is written and edited by our community.