The Villa Urbig is located in Potsdam 's Babelsberg district. The villa was built in 1915 for a co-owner of Deutsche Bank, Franz Urbig. Like Mies also Urbig liked the architectural style of Karl Friedrich Schinkel. Therefore, their construction in the style of neoclassicism is strictly structured. Noticeable are the so-called French windows drawn down to the ground floor. The Villa Urbig served as the filming location for the UFA film "Fresh Wind from Calcutta".
During the Potsdam Agreement, the villa was the residence of British Prime Minister Winston S. Churchill. After 1950, the Villa Urbig became a guesthouse of the GDR State and Law Academy. For this purpose, it was converted into a two-storey plaster construction with hipped roof and pilaster structure, on the ground floor of which are French windows. Since 2005 has been owned by the contractor Theodor Semmelhaack. In February 2009, the SAP supervisory board chairman, software billionaire and Potsdam patron Hasso Plattner acquired the villa.