After the destruction of the original building in 1945, a new theatre was built by Hardt-Waltherr Hamer und Marie Brigitte Hamer-Buro in 1964. It re-opened in 1966. For its polygonal structure, which emphazies the medieval skyline as well as the neo-classical forts of Ingolstadt (like the fortification Reduit Tilly), it received the BDA-award (a Bavarian award for architecture) 1967. A model was shown in the German pavilion during the world exhibition of Montreal the same year.
All our texts and many of our images appear under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License (CC BY-SA). All our content is written and edited by our community.
bibliophilo, December 27th, 2018