Aarne Adrian Ervi (originally Aarne Adrian Elers) was one of the most important architects of Finland's post-World War II reconstruction period.
He graduated as an architect from the Helsinki University of Technology in 1935. After his graduation, he worked in the architect offices of Alvar Aalto and Toivo Paatela, before starting his own office in 1938.
Ervi completed his most notable and well-known works during the post-war reconstruction period and later in the 1950s during the development of Finland's modern construction industry. He was among the pioneers in the use of concrete elements in Finnish architecture while working on the design of the University of Helsinki's Porthania building in 1949. He is best known for designing the town center plan of Tapiola after winning a design contest held in 1954. He also designed many of its most recognizable buildings, including the central tower, shopping centers Tapiontori and Heikintori, and the swimming hall.
Ervi was an honorary member of the American Institute of Architects and received an honorary doctorate from the University of Stuttgart.