Bruno Taut designed the row-houses on the Trierstrasse, called “Papageienhaus” (Parrot House) in 1926 to 1928 for the building society GEHAG in Berlin after his return from Magdeburg in 1924. They were built rougly at the same time as the complex on Buschallee.
They strike the eye again today because of their blue-yellow-red colouring. The colour scheme was inspired by Karl Schmidt-Rottloff, the expressionist painter. They had been disfigured during the Third Reich as “degenerate art” and are now again presented since their last restoration in their original colours.