Forgot Password?
Register
Register
Forgot Password
Add to Collection

National Centre

Trieste, Italy
1 of 5Archive of Mladinska knjiga

National Centre in Trieste was a multi-purpose building, which was built in the years from 1901 to 1904 by the architect Max Fabiani. In the past, the Slovenian hosted a number of organizations, including associations Sokol and unity, as well as theater, savings bank, cafe and hotel. As a symbol of Slovenian presence in the city center has been a thorn in the Italian nationalists and fascists, who are therefore 13 July 1920, attacked, burned and destroyed.

The restored building on the street Filzi 14 is now the headquarters of the School of Translators, part of the University of Trieste, since mid-2004, hosted by the Slovenian Information Centre.