Krasnye Vorota (Russian: Кра́сные воро́та, English: Red Gаte) is a Moscow Metro station in the Krasnoselsky District and was designed by architects Ivan Fomin and N. Andrikanis, it opened as part of the first Metro line in 1935.
Krasnye Vorota was one of Moscow's first four deep-level stations, and one of the first two to employ a three-arched design with three parallel, circular tunnels. In this type of station, the outer tubes (which house the tracks and platforms) are separated from the larger central hall by heavy pylons. This design was planned to be used for the first time on the four central-city stations on the first Metro line, Krasnye Vorota, Chistye Prudy, Lubyanka, and Okhotnyi Ryad. However, due to construction difficulties a simpler two-arched design was implemented at Lubyanka or Chistye Prudy.
Krasnye Vorota has off-white tiled walls and pylons faced with dark red Shrosha marble from Georgia. A model of the station was exhibited at the 1937 World's Fair in Paris, where it was awarded a Grand Prix.