Search results for keyword Modernism

1 | 2 ... 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

The Heart of Jesus Church in Városmajor (Jézus Szíve templom) is a noted piece of 20th century architecture and an outstanding example of Bauhaus that was justly added to the list of protected buildings. Considered too modern at the time of it its consecration in 1933, the congregation expressed..

Add to a collection

Sheraton Harare Hotel

Harare, Zimbabwe
by Ljiljana Bakić, ...

Previously known as the Sheraton Harare, the 5-star Rainbow Towers Hotel has been owned and managed by the Rainbow Group since 2006. The Rainbow Towers Hotel is currently being refurbished, so that it will remain one of the most luxurious hotels in Zimbabwe. The Rainbow Towers Hotel is located..

Add to a collection

Milica Šterić

Belgarde, Serbia
born 1914, Smederevo

Milica Šterić (1914–1998) worked briefly at the Ministry of Construction and later went on to oversee the Department of Architecture and Urbanism at the state construction firm Energoprojekt, which was charged with many important infrastructure projects throughout Yugoslavia and abroad. Her..

Add to a collection

The headquarters of Energoprojekt later became the Beobank building was the first structure in Belgrade with free standing pillars and a transparent glass facade.

Add to a collection

Serpentine Restaurant

London, United Kingdom
by Patrick Gwynne

The Serpentine Restaurant was a canopy-like building in Hyde Park which was dedicated to new private catering facilities. It was a part of a project which included two new restaurants in the same area of the park, the other one being Dell restaurant. It consisted of concrete terraces which..

Add to a collection

The Brynmawr Rubber Factory was a factory in South Wales which produced rubber and PVC flooring. ACP and structural engineers worked together to design a complex that would have spacious halls which would maintain a human scale. The main part of the industrial complex was a hall covered with nine..

Add to a collection

St Peter's Seminary

Cardross, United Kingdom
by Gillespie, Kidd & Coia

St Peter's Seminary an abandoned building which formerly housed a roman catholic seminary. It was built to become a new headquarters for the Catholic college because the former seminary building had been severely damaged in a fire. The new seminary surrounds a Victorian mansion that was..

Add to a collection

Gillespie, Kidd & Coia


est. 1927, Glasgow

Gillespie, Kidd and Coia was an architectural practice which was most famous for their Modernist buildings. Roots of the practice date back to 1830, when the Scottish architect James Salmon established a practice named James Salmon & Son. He hired John Gaff Gillespie and later William Alexander..

Add to a collection

Milton Court

London, United Kingdom
by Chamberlin, Powell and Bon

Milton Court was a part of the Barbican Centre and was the first built part of the complex. The building was a concrete structure situated on an island site and was connected to the Barbican Centre by two bridges. The design reflected Le Corbusier's Shodhan House as well as the post-war..

Add to a collection

Derwent Tower

Gateshead, United Kingdom
by Owen Luder

Derwent Tower was an 85-meter tall residential brutalist high-rise in cityscape dominated by detached houses. The architect had collaborated with the city's Whickham Council to design three 22 stories high towers. Later the project was changed, so two low- rise blocks and a 29-story tower were..

Add to a collection

1 | 2 ... 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21