Search results for keyword International Bauausstellung 1957
The Hansaviertel is a Berlin district between Tiergarten park and the Spree River. It was almost completely destroyed during World War II, but was rebuilt from 1957 to 1961 as a housing estate project by international master architects like Alvar Aalto, Egon Eiermann, Walter Gropius, Oscar..Add to a collection
House of the World's Cultures (Haus der Kulturen der Welt - HKW) in Berlin is Germany's national centre for the presentation and discussion of international contemporary arts, with a special focus on non-European cultures and societies. It presents art exhibitions, theater and dance performances,..Add to a collection
The Town Planning and later president of the Academy of Arts Düttmann Werner won the American industrialist Henry H. Reichhold (1901-1989), a native of Berlin, the late 50s for the idea of a new building for the Academy of Arts. The badly damaged building of the Prussian Academy has been used..Add to a collection
The Berlin house was only realized after 1959, but the layout and the model view were showed in the catalog of the Interbau of 1957. The complex offers a split-level system characterized by its internal structure and external effect: the floors are not simply stacked on top of one another, but..Add to a collection
The Interbau Apartment was designed by Oscar Niemeyer with Soares Filho for the IBA'57 in the small suburb of Hansaviertel, Berlin. The Interbau Apartment is in the south-west corner of the Hansaquarter lies the eight-story building by Oscar Niemeyer and Soares Filho, Brazil's contribution to the..Add to a collection
The Eternit Building designed for the Interbau, the International Architecture Exhibition in Berlin by Paul Baumgarten responds to the type of bloc. Baumgarten idea of raising the houses on the ground to separate the traffic of people in the park while allowing greater visual on the trees. This..Add to a collection
Characteristic features of the Walter Gropius house are its concave structure, textured facade, and distinctive narrow sides. The apartments are accessed via four separate doorways, tower-like stairwells, and elevator shafts.
The south façade of the building exhibits, besides its..
The international architecture exhibition Interbau, which opened on July 6, 1957, in Berlin's Hansa neighborhood, came to be seen as a tangible example of Germany's modernization and a side effect of the Cold War. According to the statistic, 1.4 million people visited the exhibition.
Haus Eiermann appears to be unspectacular in comparison to other projects of the Interbau in Hansaviertel. However, it is an enormously important building both for the spatial composition and for the aesthetic overall picture of the district. The house is a trench structure of concrete, erected..Add to a collection
Hansaplatz is a Berlin U-Bahn station located on the U9 in the Hansaviertel district. It opened on 28 August 1961 with the first section of the new line running south-north from Spichernstraße to Leopoldplatz. The station itself had been erected as early as 1957 in the course of the Interbau..Add to a collection
The building was a shopping center and still, today, a subway entrance for the Hansaviertel neighborhood. Erected on 1957, according to plans by Ernst Zinsser and Hansrudolf Plarre within the framework of the International Building Exhibition Interbau, become on 1974, the house of Grips Theater,..Add to a collection
The Pavillon was erected as an entrance hall to Interbau in 1957. After the end of Interbau, building plans of the Senate - especially the Stadtautobahn - were shown as architectural models on the scale 1: 1000. The Pavillon, until 2003, belongs to the Senate Building Administration for hosting..Add to a collection
In addition to the Hansaviertel buildings, Berlin Interbau, 1957 included exhibition halls with measuring stands. The Berlin fairground at Messedamm was used by the Association of Glass Processing Industries. For this customer, Fehling, Gogel, and Pfankuch designed an unusual stand. The steel..Add to a collection
In 1957 Le Corbusier was invited by the Berlin government to participate Berlin Interbau, 1957 exhibition that presented new functional post-war housing types. Five years earlier the Swiss-born French architect had realized his concept of “Unité d’Habitation” for the first time in Marseille...Add to a collection
The Hansa Library was founded in 1957 at the southern end of the Hansaplatz as one of the public facilities, which provided the Interbau concept for the cultural basic supply of the neighborhood. The erection was transferred to the architect Werner Düttmann, later Berlin city director. He..Add to a collection
The building is the most westerly in the series of five tower houses, of the same height, in the north-east of the Hansaviertel. Over a floor area of 30x19 m, it reaches with its 17 floors a height of 53.50 m. Ground and first floor are 3.50 m, the other floors 3 m high.
The basic planes of..
The large pavilion of the exhibition "The city of Tomorrow" with an area of 52 x 100m was completely open with no external wall. Frei Otto guarantees a translucent roof covering with a simple solution made by wooden boards, steel pipes, and polystyrene-coated cotton canvas. In April 1957 a..Add to a collection
In addition to the Interbau main Exhibition Hall of "the city of tomorrow", there were numerous German and foreign special exhibitions at Berlin Interbau, 1957. For this purpose, the team of Frei Otto and Günther Günschel developed a hall type, which can be erected with a width of 16 m in three..Add to a collection