Search results for keyword Concrete
born 1904, Neuendorf
Egon Eiermann (September 29th, 1904 - July 20th, 1970) studied architecture under Hans Poelzig at the Technischen Hochschule in Berlin-Charlottenburg between 1923 and 1927. In Hamburg was employed as an architect in the office of Karstadt AG in 1928/29 and in Berlin at BEWAG (Berliner..Add to a collection
The Kunsthaus Bregenz (KUB) was designed by Peter Zumthor and stands like a box of light on the shores of Lake Constance. It features a glass and concrete construction which has received multiple distinctions for its construction method. It is an example of architectural minimalism.
The Palace of Concerts and Sports (Koncertų ir sporto rūmai), built in 1971 in the southernmost part of "Žirmūnai" in the middle of the former cemetery, is an example of Soviet Brutalist architecture, remarkable for its vessel–like exterior. The Palace, once one of the architectonic icons of..Add to a collection
The Pilgrimage Church was designed by Pritzker prize winning, German architect Gottfried Böhm in 1963. It is located in Neviges, Germany and is famous for its use of concrete.
Initially, Böhm’s entry for the competition met with no luck. The jury warned against ‘an excess of..
In 1973, the Museum moved into its present building, designed by I. M. Pei; it is a small masterpiece, with stunning views of Cayuga Lake, the campus, and Ithaca.
Herbert F. Johnson, a graduate of Cornell's Class of 1922, was chairman of S.C. Johnson & Sons of Racine, Wisconsin, and a lifelong..
The Brazilian Museum of Sculpture, designed by Paulo Mendes da Rocha, sits on a 75,000-square foot triangular site on a main thoroughfare in São Paulo, Brazil. Instead of creating a free-standing building, the museum and the landscape are treated as a whole. Large concrete slabs create partly..Add to a collection
The campus was designed by Louis Kahn. Salk had sought to make a beautiful campus in order to draw the best researchers in the world. The entire 27 acre site was deemed eligible by the California Historical Resources Commission in 2006 for listing on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Mercedes-Benz Museum was designed by the Dutch architects, UNStudio, which is headed up by Ben van Berkel and Caroline Bos. The project was completed in 2006.
The Museum synthesizes geometry into the structural and programmatic organizations of space resulting in a new landmark building..
White U was designed for the Toyo Ito's older sister, who had just lost her husband to cancer.
The widow requested a house for her and her young daughters where they could enjoy the close contact with the soil and plants that their former home had lacked, but also have privacy and encourage..
After the Oita Medical Center competed in 1960 and now demolished the Art Plaza which was conceived and functioned as a library until 1996, is the second large commission that the architect Arata Isozaki received from his hometown Oita.
Isozaki Arata’s architectural display room is located in..
The MAXXI Museum is contemporary art and architecture museum built in Rome and designed by Zaha Hadid. The project was initiated by the Italian Ministry for Cultural Heritage in 1998 with a purpose to promote contemporary Italian culture. The museum is intended as a place to exhibit art alongside..Add to a collection
Baruchim Ha Ba'im. Also known as the Synagogue for the Arts, the Civic Center Synagogue is a spiritual, cultural, and communal center of traditional Judaism, located in downtown Manhattan's Tribeca neighborhood.
The unabashedly modernist Civic Center Synagogue was designed by William N. Breger..
born 1925, Kuopio
Aarno Emil Ruusuvuori (January 14th 1925– February 22nd 1992) was a Finnish architect, professor and director of the Museum of Finnish Architecture. He studied at Helsinki University of Technology, completing his studies in 1951. Ruusuvuori worked in several architectural offices from 1947 to..Add to a collection
Chandigarh, the dream city of India's first Prime Minister, Sh. Jawahar Lal Nehru, was planned by the famous French architect Le Corbusier. Picturesquely located at the foothills of Shivaliks, it is known as one of the best experiments in urban planning and modern architecture in the twentieth..Add to a collection
In 1967 British governemnent created the South Bank Board to build a national theatre to the east of Waterloo Bridge in London. The original scheme was to incorporate an opera house and was called the National Theatre Opera House Project (NTOP). British architect, Denys Lasdun, was chosen by a..Add to a collection
Haus Jones designed by reinhardt_jung and completed in 2008 is an extension to an existing simple private house originally built in the 1960s in a small town in Germany. It is conceived as a communicating living space for an extended family spanning four generations, the client, her husband and..Add to a collection
The concept of the overlapping spatial structure, open to the outsideas well as inside, with symbiotically conjoined resitential and office accomodation units is not merely a lip service here, it runs throughout
all parts of the building - the spatial solution appeared that beneficial to the..
born 1934, Binz (Rügen)
Influenced by Spanish engineer Felix Candela, Müther is responsible for the design and construction of some of the most outstanding buildings in East German architecture, mainly during the 60s and 70s.
Trained as a structural engineer and running the family construction business, Müther was..
born 1930, Paris
Gérard Granval is a french architect and poet born in 1930 in Paris. He studied Beaux-Arts and he is an important figure among the french architects on the seventies. His design become remarkable for the willingness to break the banality of large ensembles, the french social housing typology..Add to a collection
born 1921, Berlin
Werner Düttmann was a German architect and painter. He began his studies at the Technical University in Berlin-Charlottenburg in 1939. His teacher after war was Hans Scharoun. Since 1951 he worked as an architect in the design office of the Berlin building administration. In 1953 he was..Add to a collection