Details

Keywords Change this

Circus

Project timeline

Add this

Type

Culture & Entertainment

Location Change this

Peremohy Avenue
Kiev
Ukraine

Architect Change this

Add this

Kiev Circus Change this

Kiev, Ukraine
Change this
1 of 1

Description Change this

In 1868, the Frenchman Auguste Bergognie bought land in downtown Kiev and asked the town council for permission to build a circus building out of stone. The opening of "Circus Bergognie" took place in 1875.
The modern building of the National Circus of Ukraine with 2100 seats, was opened in 1961. In 1998 the Kiev circus received the National status and became the main circus of Ukraine.
The Circus building is one of the largest domical buildings in Kiev.

Comments

Register to join to conversation.